A customized, exclusive, friendly Gourmet Tour to enjoy Italian wonders: just fly to Milano Malpensa & we arrange a unique experience with your personal chef.
26 - 29 October 2017
"IWAP Piemonte truffle hunt & wine tour": an unforgettable guided experience to discover the magnificent Langhe hills region, the heartland of Italian wine & food excellence, enjoy professional truffle hunting and discover the Unesco-heritage treasures of Torino.
For tours from Prague: free home delivery of all your purchases !
Morning: pick-up by our private comfortable minubus in Milano Malpensa (in case of flights from Prague, we recommend CSA or Easy Jet), guided tour of the historical centre of Torino, from the Roman monuments to the Baroque masterpieces in the first capital of Italy and the home of the 2006 Winter Olympic games. We will try some of the best local delicacies in historic cafes, and visit the biggest open-air food market in Europe for an unforgettable sensory experience (in case of early morning flight) . Optional visit to the amazing National Museum of Cinema, a true gem.
Accommodation in a scenic medieval village at the heart of the Barolo wine region, at a B&B run by a traditional family of wine producers.
Home-style tasting dinner to savour a selection of starters and main courses prepared according to original recipes accompanied by local wines.
after an opulent breakfast, transfer across the scenic Langhe hills (Unesco heritage) and medieval villages, globally renowned for its rich wine traditions and excellence in cuisine, in particular the typical hazelnuts. We will enjoy these local gems and learn the secrets of the unbeatable cocoa & hazelnut cream of a true hazelnut "Pope", to taste the delicacy properly described as "Nutella for adults".
Our lunch will be a unique “Salumi Experience” by a famous historical local producer of cured meat to taste traditional preparations as Prosciutto Arrosto, salame cotto, Galantina, Lardo, paired with local wines.
Afternoon guided walk across scenic hilly landscapes (subject to meteorological conditions) covered with vineyards and dotted with medieval villages and visit to two classic wine producers in La Morra village to taste their range of Barbera, Nebbiolo and noble Barolo wines. Our excursion will be rewarded by the best panoramic view over the whole Langhe region, and refreshments in a typical, friendly wine bar in La Morra.
After breakfast,(optional) exclusive “Master Class in Cheese” and lunch with a traditional producer in Bra, home of the renowned “Slow Food Association” and the venue of “Cheese”, the largest international cheese fair. We will taste a selection of prized cheeses from the high Alps, paired with special mustards and jams and a choice of Barbera and Pelaverga wines.
We will then visit the medieval village of Barolo, the heart of the red wine excellence, and a traditional wine producer with tasting of crisp white Arneis, Barbera Superiore, Nebbiolo and a choice of noble Barolo wines.
In the afternoon, a unique truffle hunt adventure with two experienced hunters and their specially trained dog, looking for the jewel of international gastronomy excellence in deep woods, a truly exciting and enjoyable experience!
Transfer to Monforte medieval village to admire the picturesque architecture, seat of the dramatic events of the Cathar heresy movement in the 13th century and tasting dinner to savour truffle-based dishes prepared according to a refined, lighter interpretation of the traditional recipes, paired with noble wines.
After breakfast, we will explore the world-famous "INTERNATIONAL WHITE TRUFFLE FAIR" of Alba, a temple of gourmet excellence with a calendar of food-related events (advance booking strictly mandatory)
Afternoon: transfer by private car to Milano Malpensa airport according to the participants´ flight schedules.
Price per person for IWAP members: Euro 690 (based on a group of at least 7 participants), otherwise Euro 750 (min. 4 participants)
The price includes:
The price includes:
- exclusive private “Salumi Experience” with tasting lunch
- exclusive private “Cocoa & hazelnut Experience” with tasting
- exclusive private “Truffle Hunting Experience” with professional truffle-hunter
- 3 visits to wine producers with tastings of fine red and white wines
- 2 traditional tasting dinners (starters, a main course, a dessert) accompanied by local wines
- private Italian and English-speaking guides for the duration of the tour
- private transfer via minibus from and to Milano Malpensa Airport for the whole tour
- 3 nights of accommodation in double rooms, family-run B&B, including rich buffet breakfast
- For Cook & Meet groups from Prague: home delivery to Prague of the goods purchased during the tour (max 12 bottles of wine per person, then shipment according to international freight fares)
- optional exclusive private “Cheese Experience” with tasting lunch available upon agreement, to be booked at least 2 months in advance due to very limited places (Euro 35 per person)
- truffle additions to the dishes served during the gourmet dinners are not included in the above mentioned cost-sharing; they are available upon each participant´s request and will be quoted on the spot by the restaurant according to the daily truffle quotations
- October is peak season in the area, so advance booking of rooms and visits is mandatory. In order to secure the participation, a deposit of Euro 300 per person should be sent to Cook & Meet within 30.5.2017. The remaining sum shall be paid within 20.10.2017
- In case the event is cancelled by Cook & Meet, the deposit will be refunded to the participants within 1 day from cancellation
- In case of cancellation by the participant after 1.6.2017, the deposit can be transferred to another additional participant